I attended Clarkson University and the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign for my undergraduate degrees in computer science and electrical and computer engineering.
Currently I work for Wolfram Research.
Project: Visualization/Compression/Cluster-Searching of Symbolic Systems
Throughout the Summer School I hope to get a good (NKS) idea on the world of symbolic systems, especially finding interesting rules and initial conditions and doing simple tests to explore useful patterns in the symbolic system universe.
- Creating representations to track bifurcations in the context of symbolic systems
- Using visualization methods to view un/compressed forms of symbolic systems
- Finding interesting pairs of initial conditions and rules that represent various forms of:
- Doing coverage analysis between rules/initial conditions and the symbolic systems universe
If I have time:
- Finding parallels to other systems
- Doing all of the above with a taste of comparison to other systems
Favorite Four-Color, Radius-1/2 Rule
Rule chosen: 2396496420
It’s fascinating to see the shift and change in the regular nested/repetitive patterns upon intersection with the diagonally traversing line generated by the rule generation (simple initial conditions produce purely nested behavior).